Monday, July 14, 2008

DAY 2

Wow day two and we have a wonderful monsoon storm rolling in - it's 1:30 in the afternoon as I take these pics and write this up for you. We get these afternoon storms on a regular basis over the months of July and August.
This is a shot I tried to show the bright sunshine that gets taken over by dark fast moving clouds. Happens in a matter of minutes as the wind really whips up!
Did you think the desert was all flat and sandy? Nawwwww.... we have beautiful foothills and even some mountains! This is the view from my house.
I'm taking this pic standing in front of my garage, see we really don't have grass in Tucson! Note the huge dark clouds rolling in, they are really beautiful in person! I'll see if I can capture some of the lightning that comes with these monsoons in a future post!

4 comments:

365DAYSINHEMETVALLEY said...

Wow, never pictured you in the city Danni --- I don't think I could get used to neighbors again -- too many years 'on the range'.

Love the shots of the before/after monsoon sky. It's amazing how quickly it changes, isn't it?

Fashion Schlub said...

I didn't picture you in such a development! It's just so funny how our brain fills-in-the-blanks for us. Does ANYONE have lawn? Or is dirt the only option?

Jai Johnson • JaiArt.Com said...

Love that first photo...it looks like the blades of grass are having a meeting of the minds as to what to do about the upcoming storm. :)

Carole and Chewy said...

Wow - it never occcurred to me you wouldn't have grass - I guess that's good cause it'd cost a ton of water to keep it green - but what do you have? Is it sand, or dirt, or rock, or painted concrete maybe? Don't laugh, I had an uncle who concreted part of his backyard and painted it green, cause it was easier than mowing.